Sometimes good people can find themselves on the wrong side of the law. Hero, Jorstad & Jacobsen Law Firm, P.A. is dedicated to protecting the rights of these individuals. Though our main office is located in Northfield, we are proud to offer our services to clients all over Minnesota with our offices in Kenyon and Wanamingo.
What crimes can we help you with?
Our firm represents individuals facing all types of criminal charges including:
- Crimes involving drugs (possession, selling, etc.)
- Underage consumption and alcohol-related crimes
- DWIs and other traffic offenses (reckless driving, driving without a license, with a revoked license, etc.)
- Gross misdemeanors
- Theft (including burglary, larceny, robbery, automobile theft, and much more)
- Juvenile delinquency matters
- And much more
What are you facing with criminal charges?
Though every crime has their own consequences, you may be facing any (or all of the following):
- Some fines can get pretty expensive. You may be looking at paying twenty or thirty thousand dollars in fines alone. This doesn’t include your lawyer’s fees or any other fees that may come along with your charge.
- Jail time. You may be looking at a few months in jail, though some crimes may put you behind bars for the rest of your life.
- Lost job. Though you may be lucky enough to keep your job through your trial and jail time, most convicted criminals end up losing their job.
- Trouble finding a new job. When you decide to find a new job, you are going to have to let your employers know that you are a convicted criminal. Though some may not have any problem hiring you, you might really struggle to find a job that will accept you.
- Loss of Driver’s License/Forfeiture of Vehicle. If you are charged with an alcohol-related driving offense, you may lose your driving privileges for 30 days to many years. You may require ignition interlock to legally drive your vehicle. Additionally, for repeat DWI offenders, you may lose your vehicle through forfeiture.
- Restitution. A victim of your crime(s) has a right to seek restitution to reimburse for their loss as a result of your criminal conduct.
- Loss of family and friends. You might notice that your family and friends look at you differently. Even if they try to stand by you throughout your trial, they may act differently around you. They might not trust you as much. You will also have plenty that will walk away from you without thinking twice about it.
If you have found yourself on the wrong side of the law and are seeking legal counsel, don’t hesitate to contact us. You can also call our main office in Northfield at (507) 786-9090 to schedule an appointment. If you live closer to our other offices in Kenyon and Wanamingo, we would be happy to meet you there!
One of our experienced criminal defense lawyers will do everything that he can to make sure that your charges are dropped. If not, he will work hard to get you the least offense possible so that one mistake doesn’t change the rest of your life.
Hero, Jorstad & Jacobsen Law Firm, P.A. provides prosecution services to the cities of Kenyon, Wanamingo, and Mantorville and cannot provide representation if you are arrested or charged with a criminal offense in those communities.